Temporary Research Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - San FranciscoLAC Group is seeking a Temporary (approximately full-time for 6 months) Research Specialist to provide in-depth reference and research services to a variety of attorneys and staff professionals, for our client, a top respected law firm. In addition to providing research, this position will support a variety of library operational functions for the firm as well.
This is a full-time, benefitted position lasting approximately 6 months. The role will start remote until approximately the summer, when it will be required to work from one of the firm’s offices (San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle, New York). We are looking for individuals with a strong legal and business research background who can work both independently and as part of a team.
- Actively collaborate and partner with attorneys to tailor research for specific requests and needs.
- Manage individual research requests and processes.
- Provide complex legal and business reference/research services, providing information in a variety of formats based on patron needs/requirements.
- Analyze data when appropriate and distill information into concise and appropriate deliverables if required.
- Support client-related research activities.
- Offer expertise and input regarding the selection, use and implementation of online research services.
- Provide overflow business research services for marketing and business development.
- Minimum of 2 years in legal, Intellectual Property, or business library experience.
- Deep experience with Lexis, Westlaw and other research and reference databases.
- MLS degree strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with legal, business reference and research tools, including patent research and databases.
- Competency with online research services.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff professionals, vendors, and team members.
- Team player with strong client service orientation.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Willingness to explore new ways of providing information to users.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office experience.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.