Technical Services Library Assistant - Chicago, IL
Location: USA - IL - ChicagoLAC Group is seeking a Technical Services Library Assistant to work for a national law firm's Chicago, IL office. This role is responsible for performing various day-to-day tasks, including streamlining of invoice processing and serial support services related to daily operations of a law firm and its library collections. This is a one year assignment with the potential for longer engagement. The position is 30 hours per week, with benefits and a flexible schedule.
- Processing and data entry of invoices, including allocation of payments, computation of state tax, and application of Firm client matter codes and/or practice area codes, when applicable
- Provide library local support services, including, but not limited to: open and process mail, log receipt of material into the library ILS, route multiple daily publications, process new acquisitions, process returns, assist with basic orders, basic renewals, and basic cancellations, route print and electronic material, process office copies/desk-books and prepare for mailroom distribution, maintain routing lists as requested
- Filing of all processed and pending invoices for future retrieval when needed
- Maintenance of spreadsheets and fiscal accounts for vendor payments and tracking of cancelled books, periodicals, and online resources
- Assistance in tracking down missing/overdue library materials not received
- Manage the physical library collection, including shelving, weeding and shifting of library material, noting when items are damaged and/or missing from the collection, etc.
- Communicate with library users during renewal process to evaluate collection
- Assistance to Library Deputy Manager with vendor invoice inquiries
- Assist with inter-library loans (ILL)
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience providing library support services – preferably in a law library environment
- Knowledge of library techniques, systems and procedures
- Knowledge of sources of reference and bibliographic material
- Experience using an Integrated Library System (ILS) – preferably SirsiDynix EOS
- Knowledge of Excel, Outlook and other MS products
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with all members of the project team
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.