Technical Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking an experienced Technical Librarian for a long-term contract with a prestigious federal agency’s library, located in Washington DC. This individual will be responsible for cataloging and processing library materials including support of circulation and ready reference. The Librarian will also be responsible for maintaining the library’s ILS and e-Library collection. This is a permanent, full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefitted contract position with work expected to be performed on-site.
- Maintain and monitor existing cloud-based ILS (OCLC WorldShare)
- Provide service including, Serials check-in, ILS Systems support, Circulation, and Reference support.
- Provide information service, such as answering questions regarding electronic resources, bibliographic control, bibliographic tools, such as library catalogs.
- Perform routine cataloging of library materials. Performs routine cataloging for tangible and electronic material following MARC, RDA, and KBART standards.
- Answer routine inquiries and refers persons requiring specialized assistance to the appropriate staff member.
- Must have a master's degree in library science from a college or university accredited by the American Library Association (ALA).
- Must have knowledge of library techniques, systems and procedures. Some knowledge of sources of reference on bibliographical material.
- Must have a working knowledge of an integrated suite of library management and discovery applications,
- Ability to use and explain the library systems, including catalogs and other reference aids.
- Ability to deal effectively with volunteers and non- professional staff in instructing them in the use of the library.
- Ability to present ideas effectively orally and in writing. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with personnel of the agency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products to include Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication and client-facing skills.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.