Technical Information Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - BeltsvilleLAC Group is seeking a Registered Dietitian for the position of Technical Information Specialist to work on a leading USDA nutrition program at a major federal library in the Beltsville, MD area. The Specialist will be responsible for managing nutrition content, social media, website development, research and reference assistance to staff and the general public through a wide range of research techniques, methods, and sources that pertain to human nutrition and food science. This is an ongoing full-time, benefited contract position.
- Work with numerous information technology resources and platforms including research and bibliographic databases, content management systems and more to help keep a nutrition-focused web portal up-to-date.
- Utilize drupal content management system to update numerous web pages.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian, or in progress towards the degree
- 1-2 years of experience using information technology platforms (content management systems, research databases, HTML, CSS); programming experience is a plus
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Food Science, Nutrition or related field
- Experience with providing outreach through social media
- Knowledge of research and reference techniques; ability to assist patrons in utilizing and interpreting resources
- Knowledge of social media, including writing for the web
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to express complex scientific ideas in clear, easy to understand language
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.