Technical Information Specialist (Agronomy) - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is looking for an experienced Technical Information Specialist to work at a major federal library in the Washington DC area. The Specialist will work with a Federal information center to acquire and disseminate accurate, up-to-date information to the agency's internal and external customers in fields such as animal care, animal welfare, biomedical research, and veterinary science. This is an on-going project renewed annually. This is an on-site, full time (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) benefitted position.
- Develop information resources around important topics using the most recent scientific knowledge.
- Assist in the development of web portals, subject and research guides and promote the use of the websites and information products of the Library at professional conferences and meetings.
- Completion of an accredited program specializing in animal science, zoology, biology or veterinary science. Knowledge of animal health, care, and welfare, particularly as these topics apply to laboratory animals, preferred. Minimum 1-2 years of experience.
- Practical knowledge of a wide range of techniques, methods, sources, and procedures within the functional information area (e.g., database searching, reference, web site management and use of new and emerging technology tools to share information). Ability to effectively search and use the internet and bibliographic databases.
- Experience developing web content with user-first orientation. Knowledge of a wide range of IT issues (e.g., accessibility, security), web development methods, requirements, and procedures used government-wide and within the private sector. Familiarity with web content management systems, especially Drupal, preferred.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team and manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to organize thoughts and express them clearly and concisely in both written and oral communication.
- Willingness to participate in scientific meetings and agency led workshops to educate customers about the information requirements of the Animal Welfare Act. The incumbent may be called upon to attend meetings, courses, and briefings on topics related to animal health and welfare.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.