Systems Administrator - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - GreenbeltLAC Group seeks an experienced Systems Administrator for a position with a prestigious government library located in the Washington, D.C. area. Work can be performed remotely during COVID and will eventually be performed on-site. This is an ongoing contract full time (40 hour a week; Monday-Friday) benefited position.
- Oversees monitoring and maintenance of electronic hardware/software, installation of new equipment and software, performs software upgrades, responsible for backups.
- Oversees security of the computer systems and networks. This includes checking server and firewall logs, scrutinizing network traffic, establishing and updating virus scans, and troubleshooting.
- Manage and participate in overall security design.
- Select, implement, and maintain firewalls and security patches, and will review and oversee the activities related to security alerts, bulletins and other security-related notifications.
- Analyze and resolve security breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and conduct user activity audits where required.
- Experience with Linus and Windows servers
- Experience patching servers in a workplace environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and communicate effectively with contact and federal staff
- Able to work nights and weekends as needed
- Experience in a library environment preferred but not required
- Experience with 3D printers preferred
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.