Supervisory Archivist - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking an experienced Supervisory Archivist to provide consultation and project management for a team of archivists and archive technicians working onsite at a federal cultural institution in the Washington, D.C. area. The Supervisory Archivist will work both onsite and offsite in developing project plans, resolving issues, and providing expertise in analyzing, researching, and contextualizing materials pertaining to American history. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with manuscript and audiovisual archival collections and be capable of developing detailed projects plans.
- Develop a detailed project plan encompassing all aspects of the project including arrangement, description, and conservation of materials
- Serve as a resource to address novel issues or problems during project execution
- Review staff work product for accuracy and quality
- Work closely with LAC and project staff to resolve issues impacting the work
- Master’s Degree in library, archives, museum studies
- Minimum of three years of professional experience as a supervisor in an archives setting
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with the field of archives and archives project management
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, concepts, and techniques of archival work, including analysis, organization, and description of archival material, especially EAD, DACS, and MARC
- Comprehensive Knowledge of American history, culture, documentary studies, oral history and/or other related subject areas and research sources to process and describe archival collections.
- Experience with conducting secondary research to provide context and background to archival collections
- Experience working with manuscript collections containing primarily textual materials with some photos, illustrations, and objects
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships and communicate effectively with Library staff.
- Ability to analyze historical materials for authenticity and relevance
- Substantial experience and skill in the assessment, arrangement, and description of the records so as to provide an objective, comprehensive picture of the historical subjects and significant events under consideration;
- Strong managerial and interpersonal skills as relates to directing archives arrangement
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.