Special Collections Cataloger - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - PasadenaLAC Group is seeking a temporary Special Collections Cataloger to work on a dedicated project for a specialized established academic institution located in Pasadena, CA. This project will be responsible for performing original and copy cataloging for the archives and special collections (including the official repository for records as well as photograph and manuscript collections, rare books, graduate theses, oral histories and artist books).
The position can be either a full-time position (that would run for approximately 6 months) or part-time (that would run for approximately 12 months), depending on the selected candidate’s desired schedule.
- Perform original or copy cataloging for approximately 300 uncataloged books and portfolios using Library of Congress Classification.
- Create authority records for artists and authors.
- Work directly with and communicate with library and academic staff.
- MLIS degree from an ALA-accredited program
- Demonstrated knowledge of cataloging standards, including LCC, AACR2, LCSH, and MARC
- At least 2-4 years’ experience copy cataloging, original cataloging of special collections materials including artist books and rare books
- Knowledge of art and design, and printing methods
- Experience cataloging using Sierra ILS is preferred
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.