Senior Systems Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking a Senior Systems Librarian to support a highly technical virtual library environment for a Federal library in Washington DC. The Librarian will provide planning, supervision, and leadership for all aspects of developing and maintaining library systems. The Librarian will provide technical support and expertise for the Library database infrastructure and architecture, and maintain various Library specific systems and applications. The Librarian will maintain Library database metadata design and functionality consistent with standards for Open Archives Initiative (OAI), and Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (DCMI).
- Supervise additional technical staff
- Maintain library database metadata design and functionality using OAI and DCMI frameworks and standards
- Support Library database user interface for cataloging and integration of controlled fields.
- Design and develop additional library systems emphasizing agile development methodology
- Provide technical support input and assistance to seamlessly integrate Drupal CMS with library technologies
- Maintain backups
- Support data cleanup and migration
- 10+ years of experience providing services comparable to those above
- Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science (MLS) from a university accredited by the American Library Association (ALA)
- A combination of a different degree (e.g., computer science) and experience as a systems librarian may substitute for the MLS
- Knowledge of Drupal CMS
- Experience managing complex virtual library environments
- Experience with Dublin Core, MARC, SAS, Oracle, Apache/Tomcat, HTML, CSS, Solr, Java, MySQL, PHP, S-Plus, Legato
- Experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021, for consideration
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.