Senior Research Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Group is seeking a full-time Senior Research Librarian to work for a law firm in Washington DC. The librarian will conduct domestic and international legal, non-legal, corporate, due diligence and business development research. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced legal researcher.
- Perform complex legal and non-legal research using online and print resources
- Assist attorneys and staff with research queries/strategy and current awareness monitoring using effective research techniques; Promote the best use of research tools to lawyers and other researchers.
- Conduct library orientation for all legal staff and new administrative hires
- Assist with the library's integrated library system, intranet pages, and other products and systems used to deliver information and services
- Assist with budget analysis and cost efficiency
- Assist with projects to increase the accessibility and utilization of research resources
- MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution
- 4+ years’ experience in a research role in a law firm library
- Experience performing legal, corporate, business, competitive intelligence and due diligence research
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, SharePoint, and standard online research resources including, but not limited to Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg Law, CCH Cheetah, Hoovers. Experience with Restricted Party Screening databases (e.g. Amber Road) preferred
- General knowledge of tax, employee benefits, international law and business, complex litigation, and government affairs resources preferred
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information from a variety of sources, and apply critical and creative thinking to develop solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrated proficiency with library-relevant information technology applications, including integrated library systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.