Senior Manager (Legal Technology) - HBR Consulting
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteHBR Consulting’s Legal Technology Practice Group is at the forefront of innovation and delivery for our clients. We have deep experience in evaluating legal processes and technology, developing technology roadmaps, system selection and implementation, and change management. Our partnerships with leading vendors allow clients to benefit from our product-specific expertise and market perspective.
HBR Consulting is inviting potential candidates to apply for a leadership role as a Senior Manager within the Legal Technology Practice Group. We are seeking someone who has a wide range of technology assessment, design planning and implementation skills.
As a part of the Legal Technology Practice, we will rely on you to lead the initiation, execution, and delivery for a variety of legal technology projects and initiatives. You will be overseeing and mentoring associate-level staff, providing guidance, instruction, and oversight in supporting the completion of deliverables and commitments.
As a Senior Manager, you will be asked to participate in business development and marketing activities to support the continued growth of the Legal Technology practice. Client Engagement management will be seen as a critical function of your role, and you will effectively support the management of our future and existing client relationships by ensuring that our service delivery meets client expectations and contractual commitments.
Client and Project Management:
- Lead project management activities on multiple legal operations technology projects. Activities include managing to project scope, managing project budgets, forecasting resourcing, and status reporting both for clients and to internal service line leadership.
- Structure approach for, and prepare project plan, budget, and staffing plan for new engagements.
- Leverage subject matter expertise to assess legal operations processes and technology.
- Elicit requirements and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Guide clients with best practices for designing and implementing legal operations technology solutions.
- Be directly involved in process mapping, data analysis, drafting of project deliverables, and configuring solutions.
- Continuously improve practice by enhancing methodologies, practice aids, project delivery approaches and tools.
- Participate in business development activities such as, but not limited to qualifying opportunities, proposal presentations, statement of work development.
- Prepare and develop organized responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Develop relationships with vendors and other partners to develop creative offerings
- Cultivate new senior level relationships at current clients and coach junior staff to become lead contacts.
- Willing to participate in industry events, speaking events, while building a reputation for thought leadership and problem solving
Company + People Management
- Actively develop ideas for and contributes to practice growth/evolution or company-wide strategic initiatives. Has personal commitment to onboarding, recruiting, and growing the practice.
- Encourage collaboration. Ensure that the team behaves in accordance with firm values
- Actively manage, develop, coach and mentor others.
- 10+ years of experience in Legal Technology assessments, requirements gathering, system design, and implementation
- 5+ years of experience delivering projects, including overseeing other resources to the completion of their tasks in a consulting or professional services environment.
- 5+ years of experience in designing, configuring, and implementing including Spend + Matter Management, Document Management, and Legal Workflow Tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Science, Economics, Statistics, or Accounting is preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience in the following areas of focus.
- IT implementation methodologies, including waterfall, Agile and iterative
- Legal management software and/or workflow software experience (e.g., matter management, spend management, contract management)
- Able to elicit requirements from requirements owners and recommend improvements to processes (strong client interview skills are a must)
- IT Project management, including development and management of project plans using MS Project
- Understand use cases for document management or content management solutions
- Familiar with how to configure industry leading ELM/matter management solutions
- Experience leading technology implementation projects through all stages of a project lifecycle.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced and high-pressure environments
- Excellent client-facing communication skills (written and spoken).
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills.
- Demonstrate sound judgement and attitude when interacting with client and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Email, including Microsoft Excel, Project.
- Have permanent US work authorization
- Experience in designing, configuring, and implementing Contract Lifecycle Management solutions (e.g., Agiloft, Conga, DocuSign, Icertis, Onit, SirionLabs). Experience includes template rationalization, data migration, and integrations.
HBR Consulting LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, national origin, ancestry, age, parental status, disabled status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.