Senior Information & Research Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - NY - New YorkLAC Group seeks a Senior Information & Research Specialist for a global management consulting firm in New York (Manhattan). This full-time employment position will be responsible for supporting all practices across the US offices with a focus on Healthcare and Industrials/Corporate Research. The Information & Research Specialist will also assist consulting staff to locate data and information as well as support through training, maintenance of internal and external resources, resource assessment and acquisition and research consulting.
- Advise the consulting staff on the most likely resources and/or most efficient methods to obtain desired information and data.
- Direct consulting staff in the interpretation and accuracy of secondary research results.
- Conduct searches for case teams on various databases.
- Train end users in group sessions and one-on-one on a range of databases, both as part of the Information & Research Center team and as a solo trainer.
- Assist the Director in the assessment, selection and management of online, electronic and print resources.
- Support upper management and client development teams in gathering information for business development purposes.
- Contribute content to the Information & Research Centers’ knowledge bases both for the consulting staff’s reference and for within the IRC group.
- Master’s Degree in Library and/or Information Science is required.
- 3-5 years of research experience in a corporate information center or similar environment. Experience with Healthcare, Life Sciences, and Med/Bio Technology research is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of research tools including S&P Capital IQ, Pharmaprojects, EvaluatePharma and Factiva.
- Familiarity with working with contracts is a plus.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.