Scholarly Communication Informationist - University of Colorado
Location: USA - CO - Aurora
The University of Colorado Strauss Health Sciences Library seeks a resourceful, energetic, and innovative candidate to join the team of professional, fun, creative, and flexible library staff in the position of Scholarly Communication Informationist. The Scholarly Communication Informationist is a non-tenure-track faculty, early-career position that will be the lead on scholarly communication initiatives within the Education and Research department. The individual hired into this position will be required to provide in-person services (though we offer flexible work arrangements) and will receive an annual professional development stipend that is available for all employees, and the opportunity for career mentorship in health sciences librarianship.
- Developing and conducting trainings on scholarly communication topics (e.g. copyright, research impact, and predatory publishing)_
- Coordinating training and technical support of citation management software
- Education and outreach to the campus community about the campus digital repository
- New graduates and new to health sciences librarians are encouraged to apply. On-the-job training is provided and encouraged. Preferred qualifications are not required for consideration for this position.
- Master’s degree in library science. For current library students, a Master’s degree must be earned by August 31, 2022.
- Experience and/or familiarity with scholarly communication topics
- The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found here for the Anschutz Medical Campus. Information about exemptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement can be found here.
Salary: $50,000-$58,000 maximum.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Notable benefits include paid parental leave, moving cost assistance, and 22 paid vacation days each year. Benefits are extended to spouses and partners (including common law and same gender) and children. Complete information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
For a full job description and to apply, please visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl. If the posting does not load, search job posting 23762.
Submit a cover letter, resume or curriculum vita, and names and contact information for three to five references. Please address any questions to Christi Piper, [email protected]
Priority will be given to applications received by January 2, 2022. The anticipated start date is April 2022.