Saturday Library Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - Takoma ParkLAC Group is seeking an enthusiastic Library Assistant to work Saturdays directly with library patrons at an academic library in Takoma Park, MD. The Library Assistant must possess dynamic customer service skills and experience with a variety of office and library equipment. This is a short-term assignment scheduled to begin February 1st and requires 8 hours per week.
- Provide customer service and support to students, faculty, staff and community users at the service desk.
- Check out/Check in items including items from the collection, course reserve items, and laptops using Voyager
- Provide basic level assistance in the use of the library catalog and databases
- Operate computers, scanners, printers and other library equipment and provide assistance with logging into computers
- Provide basic security response if needed
- May be assigned projects to complete
- High School Diploma
- At least 1-2 years’ experience providing assistance to patrons including file management and/or retrieving books or other library materials
- Courteous, professional demeanor
- Ability to follow instructions with exactness and work unsupervised
- Strong attention to detail and customer service
- Must be available to work from 9 am to 5 pm every Saturday from February 1 to May 16
- Must be available to work onsite at Takoma Park
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.