Saturday Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - GermantownLAC Group is seeking two experienced Librarians to work Saturdays at an academic library's Germantown and Rockville, MD campuses. The selected individuals will provide instruction and answer ready reference questions in addition to assisting with reference requests. The Librarians will also provide outreach and instruction on the use of library resources including print and non-print formats. Assignments at both locations are short-term and scheduled to begin February 1, 2020.
- Provide customer service and support to students, faculty, staff and community users at
- the service desk.
- Provide in-depth reference and research assistance to students, faculty, staff, and
- community patrons, both virtually and face to face, using discovery services, the library
- catalog, online databases, Internet resources, and tangible library resources.
- Collaborate with access services staff to support patron needs and inquiries, and refer
- Operate computers, scanners, printers and other library equipment and provide assistance
- with logging into computers.
- Provide basic security response if needed.
- Special projects as assigned
- MLS from an ALA accredited institution
- At least 1 year of experience as a reference librarian
- Knowledge of e-resources and library technologies including Integrated Library Systems (experience with Voyager a plus)
- Knowledge of library best practices and procedures including:
- Reference services
- Collection Development and Management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work well as a team member
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse clientele
- Must be available to work onsite at Germantown, MD campus
- Must be open to short term project:
- Assignment Period of Work: February 1 - May 16, 2020
- 9 am to 5 pm every Saturday ONLY
- Work performed ONSITE
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.