Legal Resources & Accounts Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Los AngelesLAC Group seeks a motivated and dependable information professional for the position of Legal Resources & Accounts Specialist to work at a prestigious law firm located in West Los Angeles. This position handles a variety of tasks with the focus on electronic resources and web content management. The ability to provide data analysis and experience with online tools and databases such as Westlaw, Bloomberg Law, Manzama and others is highly desirable. This role supports an active research team, works with other library staff to manage spend and update the budget, handles the acquisition of content and materials, and manages the organization of data and information on the Firm’s Intranet. This is a full-time, benefited position and is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic research and intelligence group that supports a progressive and innovative law firm.
- Reconciling and processing invoices; identifying opportunities for cost savings.
- Under supervision, perform preliminary evaluation of existing library materials for removal and maintain spreadsheets for that purpose.
- Assist in design, maintenance, and outreach for online research portal.
- Assist library users in the use of research materials.
- Managing vendor relationships and resolving order/billing issues as needed.
- Administering desk-set orders.
- Works with other librarians to evaluate and acquire research materials; compiles and enters data on a computerized acquisitions system.
- Provide support for library’s research team.
- Liaise with accounting department regarding proper allocation and coding of library invoices.
- Assist with several on-going projects including replacing the current Integrated Library System (ILS), meta-tagging and cataloging electronic resources and creating new content for the Firm’s Intranet.
- Assist with the administration of news, legislative, regulatory, and court alerts.
- 1-4 years of experience working with legal materials in a law firm or law library setting. Experience in a law library is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferred majors include business administration, accounting, or related subjects.
- Minimum of two years of experience providing collection management or technical services in a library, preferably law or business.
- Knowledge of legal and business literature, including print and electronic resources.
- Experience with integrated library systems.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate large amounts of data.
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for working with numbers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong client service skills.
- MLS degree is strongly preferred but equivalent experience will be considered.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.