Research Support Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Los AngelesLAC Group seeks a motivated and dependable Research Support Librarian to work for a prestigious national law firm. This position handles a variety of roles with the focus on someone with web content knowledge who can use Excel and has exceptional attention to detail. In addition to this focus, the role assists in a variety of areas in the law firm, including reference, circulation, ordering materials, ILL and cataloging. This is a full-time, benefited position and can be a virtual and/or hybrid role in Los Angeles, San Francisco or New York (both onsite and virtual).
- Under supervision, perform preliminary evaluation of existing library materials for removal and maintain spreadsheets for that purpose.
- Assists library users in the use of library online catalog and indexes, or in locating materials
- Requests the acquisition of library materials
- Performs circulation functions including checkout, check-in, and updating records
- Catalogs library materials by creating or locating and importing bibliographic records, modifying records to reflect local practices, and assigning barcode labels
- Prepares orders of library materials, and compile and enter data on computerized acquisitions system
- Inspects incoming orders of library materials, verify accuracy of shipments
- Reference and research support to the Reference Librarian
- Liaise with accounting department regarding proper allocation and coding of library invoices
- Assisting with other duties as needed or as assigned by the Librarian, such as ILL, circulation, materials ordering, etc.
- At least 2 years of experience as a librarian providing reference and general clerical duties in a law firm or corporate library environment. Must be comfortable working with lawyers, consultants, and other legal personnel
- MLS degree is strongly preferred.
- Must be conversant in Microsoft Office, Excel and SharePoint.
- Experience with legal and business research skills and resources including (but not limited to): Westlaw, Lexis, Bloomberg, Pitchbook, Cheetah, etc. Ability to managed date for complex research projects.
- Must be comfortable working remotely
- Familiarity with California legal materials and law is strongly preferred (though candidate does not need to be located in California).
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.