Research Librarian (Temporary) - LAC Federal
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Federal seeks a Temporary Research Librarian for an assignment with our client, the International Monetary Fund. As part of the IMF Library, the research librarian will provide research and reference services to the staff of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), using his/her knowledge of data, news and bibliographic resources to meet the information needs. The position is part of the Library Client Services Team, within the IMF Library. This is a 30 hour-per-week, benefitted position and must be performed on site.
- Meets the information needs and provide state-of-the-art library research services to IMF staff by:
- Responding to client’s requests for information using a variety of print, electronic and data resources including economic and financial databases or services like Moody’s, S&P, Fitch, DataStream, Capital IQ, etc.
- Evaluating, developing and implementing research projects as well as integrating library contents on institutional web sites.
- Develops information products and deliver library services by:
- Creating information products, such as research guides, customized information packages, quick reference tools etc., to meet immediate and ongoing information needs of the staff.
- Working closely with the departments on best ways of making library electronic resources available via their information/knowledge sharing systems (Intranet, SharePoint sites, mobile devices, etc.)
- Increase effectiveness of use of library services by contributing to the Library training and outreach projects across the IMF.
- Run or contribute to projects to enhance the user experience via the collection development and/or maintenance, and understand better users’ need and information behavior,
- MLIS from an ALA accredited university or other relevant degree, especially in economics or related areas.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in providing library services.
- Ability to interview users to understand their information needs.
- Ability to evaluate and search news, bibliographic, data and statistical services and deliver research and reference services.
- Familiarity with economic and financial data concepts and experience using and managing commercial data services is an asset.
- Ability to logically organize and work with large quantities of data is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to contribute in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge of project management would be an asset
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.