Research & Knowledge Analyst - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking an experienced Research & Knowledge Analyst for an opportunity at the Washington, D.C. office of a prestigious global law firm! This is a full-time position offering competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Support Research and Knowledge Management initiatives for attorneys and staff on a global basis, incorporating new technology
- Analyze corporate, legal and general resources and communicate findings to appropriate end-users
- Assist with planning and implementation of employee training and orientation programs
- Assist with the evaluation and recommendation of new information resources
- Perform cost-effective ready reference and in-depth legal and corporate research using online and print resources
- Creates new business alert services and maintains current awareness alert services
- Provides attorneys with access to and encourages effective use of internal and external knowledge resources
- Works independently and with the Knowledge Strategy team and various practice groups to choose, collect, organize, update and maintain content for practice area websites and databases.
- Disseminate knowledge resources via firm-wide intranet and databases and collaborates with practice group leaders to design effective Knowledge Strategy website and databases
- Establish relationships with attorneys to promote Knowledge Strategy initiatives
- Ensure continuity of Research & Knowledge Services operations during supervisor absences
- Mentor Research & Knowledge Services professional staff
- Distribute and records research and KM requests using workflow software
- Monitor email on firm-issued mobile devices while out of the office during off-hours and coordinates with DC office to complete pending requests
- Master’s in Library Science or equivalent experience (minimum 8 years) plus a minimum of 2 years of experience performing research in a law firm or corporation
- Proficient with online research tools including: Lexis, Westlaw, Intelligize, Bloomberg, Securities Mosaic, Practical Law, PLI, Capital IQ, Fastcase, Deal Point Data, SNL, CCH Cheetah
- Broad knowledge of legal, financial and business information resources
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience using WYSIWYG web page editors
- Flexibility to travel and adjust working hours to meet the firm’s operating and business needs
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.