Research & Education Librarian - University of North Dakota School of Medicine
Location: USA - ND - Grand Forks
The University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences Library is accepting applications for the position of Research & Education Librarian. The Research & Education Librarian will work as part of the Resources team. This position will be based in Grand Forks, North Dakota.
- Provides reference and research support and works collaboratively with faculty to plan and deliver course-integrated instruction.
- Serves as embedded liaison to BioMedical Sciences.
- Serves as liaison to additional research departments within the SMHS and College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines.
- Identifies faculty and student needs, and solicits input on library resources in the specific departmental disciplines.
- Provides reference and research information services.
- Provides assistance with library technology tools.
- Teaches & assesses information literary instruction.
- Collaborates with faculty to provide curriculum–integrated instruction.
- Assists with scholarly research.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of services, policies and procedures.
- Participates in professional activities and professional development.
- Manages or assists with special projects.
- Knowledge of database searching strategies.
- Presentation skills.
- Knowledge of information literacy.
- Ability to search PubMed utilizing MeSH.
- Knowledge of technology tools, including mobile devices and web applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally to local, state, and national events.
- 1 year Academic or hospital library experience.
- Master's degree in library/information science from a program accredited by the American Library Association or equivalent.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver's license.
- Successful completion of criminal history background check.
Get the details and apply online here: shorturl.at/dsB57
For additional information about this position, please contact:
Megan Keely Carroll Denis, MLIS
Research and Education Librarian, NE Clinical Campus Librarian
P: 701.777.4792 | [email protected]