Remote Content Tagger / Metadata Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group is seeking a Remote Content Tagger / Metadata Specialist for a world-renowned comic book/media/entertainment organization. The role will be responsible for reviewing, researching and/or viewing media assets to add comprehensive temporal metadata within a predefined methodology on the organization’s complete asset collection. You must have a good knowledge and understanding of major comic book characters, story arcs (both film and source material), and publication history.
Your work will enhance great content and empower creatives, consumers, and executives. This is a full-time, benefitted, LAC Group staff position that can be location-agnostic in the US or Canada but synchronized; as needed; to the timelines and business needs from our client’s primary location.
- Review digital media assets to create and/or edit pre-existing metadata to capture necessary content information in compliance with establish standards and methodologies to support users discover new content.
- Search and find an image in the system and then tag certain metadata to that image from a drop-down taxonomy.
- Create, edit and update metadata tags according to complex predefined organization-based methodology and work within the content management system.
- Communicate and work within a large project team.
- Manage workflow and meet project deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university. Prior writing or script reader or equivalent experience preferred
- At least 1-2 years of experience in metadata tagging for multimedia (photo, film, tv, print, etc.) materials or related experience.
- Experience with Digital Asset Management software and metadata standards.
- Solid understanding of characters, storylines, storyline development, and character development.
- Strong attention to detail and adept at internet research.
- Comfortable and capable of working with abstract concepts.
- Flexibility amid an evolving environment is a must.
- Must be committed to and adhering to the established work schedule and productivity goals.
- Self-motivated and able to follow instructions and work within a team, as well as independently.
- Capable of working within defined standards, exercising informed and independent judgment, as well as identifying when edge cases warrant collaborative discussions among team members and leadership.
- Computer savvy and comfortable working in multiple platforms, databases, and systems, where systems, procedures, and tools are in a continual state of evolution.
- Prior experience editing and working with metadata is strongly preferred, especially metadata for film/tv or related.
- Experience working with Content Management Systems and/or digital asset platforms a plus.
- Entertainment industry background and/or strong personal interest in / knowledge of entertainment and comic book properties is a plus.
- Knowledge of / passion for Anime and international content is a plus.
- Proficiency in multiple languages, is a plus.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.