Reference Librarian - National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
Location: USA - CO - Golden
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) advances the science and engineering of energy efficiency, sustainable transportation, and renewable power technologies and provides the knowledge to integrate and optimize energy systems.
The NREL Library has an opening for a Reference Librarian to join our team of librarians that provide top quality reference research for the lab’s scientists, engineers, and analysts exploring energy systems and technologies—and the science behind them—for a future powered by affordable, abundant, and clean energy. NREL staff performs world-class research and analysis. The selected candidate will provide information on a wide variety of subjects to research staff across the lab, often with short turnaround.
The selected candidate will:
- Provide timely reference research services to researchers and management at NREL. Deliverables include comprehensive literature reviews, specific scientific information, market data, and traditional document delivery.
- Efficiently communicate with researchers to identify information needs and define the expected results.
- Cultivate relationships with NREL researchers to further the NREL Library’s role as a trusted partner in advancing NREL’s mission.
- Provide circulation services as needed.
- Along with other NREL Librarians, staff the NREL Library Reference Desk and provide walk-up service to the NREL community.
- Give outreach presentations to scientific groups at NREL promoting the Library’s services.
- Provide support to other projects and tasks as needed.
- Have the ability to function independently and collaboratively to identify and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrate a willingness to coordinate and communicate regularly with team members to ensure high quality work product.
- Have excellent communication skills.
Please apply via the following link: https://nrel.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/NREL/job/Golden-CO/Reference-Librarian_R5366