Reference Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - NC - Research Triangle ParkLAC Group is seeking a Reference Librarian to work for a prestigious federal library in the Research Triangle Park, Raleigh, North Carolina area. The Librarian will provide high-quality reference and instruction services including literature searching, development of training material, library resources use instruction, research methodologies, and support of bibliometric research. This position is fully benefited, 40 hours per week.
- Develop classes and training on databases and other library resources.
- Drafts articles and reports to present statistical data and analyses in various formats.
- Review, analyze, and resolves discrepancies in data and information.
- Review and suggest revisions to library processes and procedures affecting the provision of services to specialized patron groups.
- Develops a variety of ready reference materials in electronic and traditional formats for use by staff and patrons.
- Responsible for Bibliometric analysis and network analysis, including report compilation
- Act as liaison between the library and various external customers.
- Assist in the planning and presentation of library training classes and special events.
- Prepare and maintains standard operating procedures related to reference services.
- Maintain records and conducts correspondence related to the work.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent advanced degree; or equivalent education or work experience required
- Three years of professional library experience or related setting
- Significant experience performing research is required, preferably in a library or other information services position.
- Experience working concurrently on multiple projects or tasks with challenging deadlines is preferred.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to follow instructions and processes.
- Must have careful attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable with using software and online technologies; will be required to use a variety of databases, including PubMed, Web of Science, and others.
- Must have strong experience with computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, One Note, One Drive, Outlook, Teams, and Adobe Acrobat Pro. Must have superior digital-research capability.
- Must be comfortable with communicating via phone, e-mail, and video conference with colleagues and project teams in multiple offices at different locations.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.