Reference & Instructional Services Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - Silver SpringLAC Group is seeking a Reference and Instructional Services Librarian to work at a federal library in the Silver Spring, MD area. The Librarian will provide a broad range of public services to support the library’s patrons including scientists and students with a particular emphasis on biomedical research. This is a full-time, benefited position.
- Conduct reference and research support using biomedical and other scientific databases
- Conduct reference interviews in support of scientific researchers
- Provide training and instruction for library users
- Support marketing and outreach efforts to promote the library’s resources and services
- Develop LibGuides including subject guides, tutorials and online forms
- Provide coverage to the front desk using the EOS.Wb integrated library system to circulate materials, place holds, process new patrons, process interlibrary loan, etc.
- Create bibliometric reports using data drawn from commercial research databases such as Clarivate (Web of Science, InCites, Journal Citation Reports) and Elsevier (Scopus).
- Perform citation analyses of journals to support collection development using COUNTER reports
- Conduct research impact analysis to study impact of agency research
- Support collection development through cataloging, weeding, processing materials; making recommendations about materials to acquire or withdraw from the collection
- Support subscription management of numerous electronic and print resources
- Support other special projects as required
- Master’s in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution
- Experience with ILS modules for circulation, cataloging, searching (EOS.Web preferred)
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to identify and resolve novel problems in processing library materials
- Experience and knowledge of the NLM Classification schema
- Experience with collection development, citation analysis, bibliometric analysis
- Experience in biomedical or research library
- Ability to compile detailed statistical reports on work accomplished
- Physical availability to lift, bend, and stoop to retrieve, re-shelve, shift library materials
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.