Records Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Group is seeking a Records Assistant for a temporary assignment (start ASAP, contract ending April 30, 2019) with an international organization in Washington, D.C. This is a full time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) on-site opportunity. Must be a US citizen and able to pass a background check.
Skills and Expertise:
- Under the direct supervision of a Records Management Officer, the Records Assistant is expected to contribute to the work of the section as follows:
- Perform data entry for physical records in the Records management system following specific standards
- Review data entry of boxes and folders created in the records management system to ensure adherence to standards and typographical accuracy
- Review physical records classification
- Compile statistics on the accomplishments
- Perform ad hoc duties as may be required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Knowledge of records management policies and practices
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to respect confidentiality
- Ability to perform routine work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a multicultural environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with records management system is desirable
- Diploma in Archives or Records Management is required.
- Expected to lift boxes and files up to 40 lbs.
- Must be a US citizen
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.