Public Services Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking an experienced Public Service Librarian for a long-term contract with a prestigious federal agency located in Washington, DC. This individual will develop specialized reference resources and research techniques geared to the core user groups at this agency (economists, attorneys, engineers and analysts). This position will also be responsible for the development and implementation of outreach and awareness activities and initiatives to create awareness and interest in the Library’s offerings within the Agency. This is a permanent, full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefitted contract position with work expected to be performed onsite.
- Develop and implement the Library marketing plan, including the preparation of marketing material.
- Serve as the expert on the technologies used on the e-Library website and maintains the webpages.
- Receive all incoming Library mail, processes and distributes according to Library procedures.
- Provide comprehensive reference services in response to requests received in person, by telephone or electronic means.
- Manages all aspects of Inter-Library Loan Services.
- Interviews commission employees analyze their questions and requirements and recommends material appropriate to their needs.
- Guide researchers in employing search strategies to tap the full range of the Library’s tools and resources.
- Register new Library accounts for employees, provides a new hire orientation to Library resources and services, and inform them of Library procedures and facilities.
- Maintain the Library collection by sorting, shelving and organizing acquisitions including print books periodicals and loose-leaf material. Files loose-leaf and supplemental materials according to publishers provided instructions.
- Oversee and monitor the progress of tasks and deliverables; tracks and reports the status of the deliverables to client.
- Attend two (2) conferences annually sponsored by the American Library Association, Special Library Association, or American Association of Law Libraries
- Must have a master’s degree in Library Science (MLS) from a college or university accredited by the American Library Association, and 1 year of relevant experience.
- Have knowledge of inter-library loan services, programming, marketing and outreach, circulation and ready reference services.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products to include Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication and client-facing skills.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.