Public Services & Collections Maintenance Specialist, LSSIII - Cal Poly State
Location: USA - CA - San Luis Obispo
Under the general supervision of the Director of Special Collections and Archives, this position provides essential work related to public service fulfillment, student supervision, collections maintenance, and additional specialized support duties.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn and follow, standards, policies, procedures, systems, and best practices in special collections and archives as they relate to reference, reading room operations, reprographic services, and the ethical use of and access to collections and resources.
- Ability to be customer-oriented and service-centered in the execution of duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated understanding and awareness of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and in the delivery of library public services.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere in and outside the University.
- Ability to evaluate, analyze, interpret, and communicate policies, procedures, and complex information.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, to follow archival ethics standards related to collections, to use tact and diplomacy in a broad range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations with diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts and problems.
- Ability to recruit, hire, and provide lead work direction to student employees in the unit.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, financial procedures and processes to plan and monitor unit expenditures for student payroll, and to support the annual budget planning process.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to be able to prepare and compile information in an organized manner as well as prepare and present internal library reports.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, online systems, the Internet, online calendaring, and email, and to perform technical work or assist patrons.
• Experience with public service delivery in library special collections libraries and archives, including reference, research, and reprographic and licensing requests.
• Experience with collection maintenance and preservation in library special collections and archives.
• Knowledge of Fair Use, Copyright, and intellectual property protection as they relate to use of special collections and archives.
• Post-secondary education, training, or credentialing.
To view the position description or apply, please visit: https://jobs.calpoly.edu/en-us/job/524942/public-services-and-collections-maintenance-specialist