Project Manager - Wilson Allen
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteWilson Allen is looking for an experienced Project Manager that is a self-starter and willing to learn the best methods of implementing law firm ERP applications and solutions. This position is responsible for managing multiple software projects using full-life-cycle project management practices to deliver high quality business applications. The project manager is responsible for the creation and management of project plans, day to day project oversight, and leadership of the project staff to meet project milestones, escalation of issues and accurate reporting of project status. Projects will primarily be focused in the IntApp integration product (Integrate), Elite time entry and billing, general ledger and accounts payable operations and finance business areas and will entail proprietary Elite a Thomson Reuters business software, custom-developed solutions, and 3rd party packaged software. This is a full-time, fully remote position that offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Partner closely with the project sponsor and other business stakeholders to define project parameters including scope, business benefits, business requirements, project approach, project budget, and project schedule.
- Develop and maintain project plans for multiple project tracks using Microsoft Project.
- Lead the definition of functional requirements and technical specifications for assigned projects.
- Translate requirements into specific plans and tasks in line with software deployment lifecycle practices.
- Review and manage all changes to the requirements through a formally defined scope change process.
- Develop conversion, implementation and contingency plans for assigned projects.
- Oversee the preparation and execution of system and acceptance test plans for assigned projects.
- Provide direction to project teams including assignment of individual responsibilities, tasks and technical functions. Review the work of team members to ensure quality and comprehensiveness.
- Manage any outside vendors and consultants assigned to the project.
- Ensure all contractual obligations are met.
- Develop training strategy and oversee or provide training and documentation (training material) for business staff and management on usage of new systems and large enhancements.
- Actively pursue issue resolution and communicate project status/issues to business stakeholders and operational management.
- Measure and monitor progress throughout the process to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations.
- Develop a working knowledge of relevant internal company business systems and processes.
- Prior experience with ERP system implementations, e.g. Elite, SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, Aderant with the focus on financial modules e.g. billing, collections, general ledger, accounts payable, fixed assets, procurement.
- Prior client relationship management and experience consulting to Senior Mgmt (e.g., project life-cycle, expectations & deliverable, scope creep, etc.)
- Minimum of 8 full life cycle implementations utilizing a recognized industry ERP implementation methodology.
- Proven analytical and process redesign skills, including problem solving, quantitative reasoning, workflow process definition/design/modeling.
- Proficiency in prioritizing tasks and balancing workloads to meet project objectives
- Willing to be hands on when necessary to ensure timely completion of quality projects
- Communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written skills
- Ability to communicate intricate technical and procedural matters to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels in the organization
- 4-year degree required, preferably in business management, accounting or information technology.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Completion of formal consultant training/mentoring development process and 4 years consulting experience post-training
- Microsoft office proficiency including Word, Excel, MPP, Power Point and Visio or similar tools
- Some travel required
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.