Project Manager (Law Inspection) - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking a qualified Project Manager (Law Inspection) to lead a team performing quality control review on a variety of law and related legal materials and collections at a major government library in Washington, DC. The PM will be responsible for overseeing the project, reviewing a variety of materials (pieces for binding, new bound volumes and unbound materials, retro pin & linked materials, Records & Briefs, etc.) to ensure they match bindery and agency’s standards. This is a full time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position.
- Prepare items as a part of a comprehensive inventory of the collection and to facilitate tracking of items in-use. It can involve both serial and monographic material in all mediums collected. In some cases, volumes may not have titles represented in the ILS
- Utilize ILS cataloging module for creating/updating holdings records, including summary holdings for serials, as needed.
- Responsible for item record creation/updating data input, including item type; enumeration field; chronology/year field; caption; free text; copy numbers; pieces; notes; statistical categories and status.
- Ability to follow detailed workflow guidelines and work with foreign language materials
- Once items are barcoded and pin & linked, they should be forwarded according to the workflow for the particular type of inventory work prescribed
- Must have an MLS from an accredited library school
- 3+ years of experience working in a law library
- 18 months of experience as a manager
- Experience reviewing completed work of others for quality control
- Working knowledge of processing legal materials in various languages; Knowledge of at least one foreign language or experience working with foreign language materials strongly preferred
- Experience or understanding of cataloging procedures for legal monographs or serials
- Experience using and inputting data into a library ILS and automated binding management systems; Previous experience using an integrated library system, preferably Voyager
- Knowledge and ability to train staff and to handle the assignment and monitoring of work to be inspected
- Provide training to orient its staff on spreadsheet software and/or to remedy any deficiencies its staff may encounter with regard to setting up or maintaining data on the agency’s spreadsheets
- Knowledge of online catalogs, MARC records, and basic cataloging procedures for legal monographs and serials
- Strong attention to and ability to work with great detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and exceed fixed production quotas
- Demonstrated experience reviewing the completed work of others for quality control
- Able to lift or push 50 lbs.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.