Project Director (Biomedical Indexing) - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group is seeking a Project Director to oversee the implementation of a large indexing project for a federal agency in Bethesda, MD. The director will be responsible to recruit, train, and supervise a large team (20+) of remote indexers and other investigators and consultants to analyze and index scientific publications in biological sciences (esp. Life, Medical, Health Sciences). The staff for this work will be located throughout the United States. In addition, the Director prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on the progress of the work. This is a long term full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract position. Remote work is permitted for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in the field of biological sciences (esp. Life, Medical or Health Sciences)
- Master’s in Library and Information Sciences is preferred, but not required
- Library & Information Sciences candidates must have an additional degree in the field of biological sciences or experience as a medical or health sciences librarian
- Able to review the work of others for quality
- Knowledge of indexing, especially MeSH
- Ability to prepare technical reports
- Must have valid authorization to work in the United States
- Knowledge of a foreign language is a plus
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.