Principal Implementation Engineer - Aurora North
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteWilson Allen is looking for a full-time, Principal Implementation Engineer to join our rapidly growing company! Working with our Professional Services team, the Principal Implementation Engineer ensures client satisfaction through successful installation of Intapp solutions that will improve the client’s business efficiency and functionality. The Engineer applies advanced knowledge and experience to ensure client satisfaction by managing large-scale and complex projects and takes a leadership role, modeling best practices as a top-level expert in the field. Viewed as a leader in the field, both internally and externally whose technical and best practice opinions are highly regarded.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses client needs and installs and implements industry-standard legal systems, integrations, and enterprise solutions
- Provides leadership to all members of the team
- Has advanced expertise with ANS deployment methodologies
- Acts as the escalation point for complex situations and creates effective solutions
- Highly proficient with products and features
- Acts as new hire trainer/mentor
- Acts as go-to for go-live off-hours help for internal resources or general technical hurdles
- Performs upgrades to production systems as needed
- Migrates on-premises solutions to the Cloud using REST service via 3rd party tools
- Writes reports to review historical data using SQL and/or cloud-based reporting solutions
- Owns the end-to-end implementation of Aurora North and partner software products and services. This includes project scoping, planning, development, installation, configuration, deployment, and support.
- Owns client communication process and is responsible for setting client expectations on a project basis.
- Assists with product rollouts by ensuring end users are trained to be fully conversant with the software.
- Responsible for prioritizing and managing own workload to meet client expectations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Provide design and architecture expertise for delivering client integrations
- Understand, develop, and implement integrations with a variety of systems including AD, Microsoft SQL Server Systems, flat files, XML files, and APIs on behalf of clients
- Provision Boomi ATOMS and troubleshoot on-prem resource access
- Deliver new integrations as both a technical resource for configuration and a functional resource working closely with client teams
- Perform maintenance activities for our client integrations, including troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Be responsible for the overall integration strategy and rationalization of integrations
- Populate cloud-hosted systems using REST services
- Work closely with clients to roll out new software solutions that contain their data
- Review and resolve complex technical support requests as needed
- Consistently maintains 80-90% of time spent on client-billable projects
Note: The duties and responsibilities outlined in this description are not a comprehensive list and additional job-related tasks may be assigned from time to time. In addition, the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements
- Four-year degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 8+ years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Direct legal/law-firm experience and/or 6+ years of software implementation in a similar setting
- 5+ years of experience writing Microsoft SQL Server queries with a solid understanding of relational database structure and normalization
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft SQL scripting language
- Expert proficiency in the following technical areas: XML, JQUERY/JSON, REST APIs
- Expert proficiency in the following technical areas: IIS, SSL, XML, JQUERY
- Experience using Sisense reporting tool
- Experience in Legal systems such as Aderant, Elite, iManage
- Advanced level of knowledge in the legal operations and technical fields
- Successful completion of certification in relevant areas
- Experience with Dell Boomi is a plus
- Competent in the following areas: problem solving, customer-focus, communication, collaboration, organizational support, quality focus, and punctuality
- Authorized to work in the US without restriction or sponsorship
Prolonged periods at a desk and working on a computer. Work occasionally requires a high level of mental effort and strain when performing a high volume of tasks and performing other essential duties. Work occasionally requires more than normally scheduled work hours to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Problem Solving/Critical Thinking: Resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; doesn’t stop at the first answer, investigates the issue thoroughly. Gathers information from a variety of sources to reach a conclusion. Distinguishes between critical and irrelevant pieces of information. Identifies critical connections and patterns in information/data. Soundly analyses verbal and numerical data. Recognizes causes and consequences of actions and events that are not readily apparent. Anticipates and thinks ahead about next steps.
- Customer Focus: Acts with customers in mind; dedicated to meeting and exceeding internal and external customer expectations. Clearly shows customers that their perspectives are valued. Strives to consistently meet service standards. Proactively identify potential customer sentiment challenges. Follows-up with customers during and after the delivery of services to ensure that their needs have been met. Keeps customers up to date on the progress of the service they are receiving and changes that affect them. Ensures service is provided to customers during critical periods. Prioritizes customers’ issues and address them accordingly.
- Communication: Listens to the needs of each customer and clearly shares their needs with the appropriate group. Provides timely and engagement appropriate communications to keep internal and customer teams informed. Demonstrates a practical understanding of organizational functions, roles and communication requirements to enable effective customer engagement. Checks own understanding of others' communication (e.g. paraphrases, asks questions). Maintains continuous, open and consistent communication. Consistently demonstrates active listening. Draw on customer and internal team insights to develop effective communication strategies to build customer engagement. Builds on successful initiatives to gain support for ideas. Adapts arguments to others' needs/interests
- Collaboration: Balances team and individual responsibilities; provides and welcomes constructive feedback; contributes to the group with a positive attitude. Initiates collaboration with others and spontaneously assists others in the delivery of their work. Shares all relevant information with others and seeks others' input. Expresses own opinion while remaining factual and respectful. Supports others in taking independent action. Resolves issues that occur with minimal direction. Invites and builds upon the ideas of others. Assumes additional responsibilities to facilitate the achievement of team goals.
- Organizational Support: Completes tasks accurately and on time; follows policy and procedure guidelines. Demonstrates understanding of the general environment in which the Organization operates. Understands and uses the Organization's structures, rules and networks. Knows and respects the Organization’s Code of Conduct and values. Is able to explain how own work relates to the work of the Organization. Shares knowledge about and encourages others to keep up to date with the Organization’s rules, structures, networks, systems and environment. Recognizes what is and is not acceptable/possible at certain times given the organizational rules, structures, decision making bodies, power relationships, Code of Conduct, and values. Is able to present the Organization's priorities as they relate to own area of work. Explains and convinces others of the need for adaptation and change of policies, structures, and methods.
- Quality Focus: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness with tasks; applies feedback to improve performance. Defines ambitious, but realistic, personal goals. Works while meeting quality and performance standards. Promptly and efficiently completes work assignments. Demonstrates the ability to challenge existing practices in order to become more effective. Contributes to improve work methods, outcomes, and team performance. Generates results by acting in a focused way and within the deadlines and finds ways to navigate obstacles with minimum guidance. Makes efforts to optimize process workflows efficiently using technology.
- Attendance and Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; ensures responsibilities are covered when absent.