Part-Time Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - GlendoraLAC Group is searching for a Part-Time Librarian for a public library in the Los Angeles-San Gabriel Valley area. This position is an ongoing role that will work approximately 15-20 hours per week with at least one evening a week (Wednesday) along with Friday and Saturday afternoons. This is an excellent position to gain experience in a public library setting with tasks including working public service desks, information, circulation, and phone lines, along with other special projects.
- Children and Adult reference desk services including checking out materials, shelving, cataloging, library dues and late fees and basic directional reference.
- Working the service, information and circulation desks;
- Answers incoming calls to assist patrons;
- Special projects as needed..
- A Master’s Degree in Library Sciences is strongly preferred.
- At least 1 year of previous library experience in either a public or academic library environment.
- Strong communication and customer services skills;
- Knowledge of automated library information systems, software and equipment and principles and practices of cataloging and classification procedures for a variety of materials and formats.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.