Overnight Archives Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - IL - Chicago
LAC Group seeks an Overnight Archives Assistant for an ongoing project with our client, located in Chicago, IL. The Archives Assistant will help the archives team to ingest print materials into the necessary research databases. This is a full-time, benefited position, with the hours being from 10:00pm - 6:30am, Tuesday through Saturday.
- Compare electronic copies of archive stories and picture captions to make sure they match those in the printed editions, using both the printed newspaper and PDF versions of the newspaper pages;
- Add and check metadata of archive stories, including assigning keywords, add memo information and check edition names, column names and source information;
- Copy and convert text from printed graphics into meaningful formats for the text archives;
- Copy and reformat stories and captions from PDF pages into a format compatible with the text archives, when stories are not available on the archive system;
- Correct stories for which there are published and unpublished corrections;
- Work with team to digitally archive deadline sensitive materials;
- Monitor content feeds to vendors and compile/maintain documentation for archiving standards.
- Minimum of 2 years print archives experience required;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities;
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Previous experience in the physical processing of print materials preferred;
- Some knowledge in the use of Lexis-Nexis, Factiva, and ProQuest.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.