Metadata Support Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group is seeking a Remote Metadata Support Specialist for a world-renowned media/entertainment organization. The Metadata Support Specialist will be responsible for troubleshooting, researching, documenting and resolving metadata support tickets coming from a variety of organization/enterprise users and be a point person for metadata product governance. This is a remote/virtual position with the ability to work anywhere in the US or Canada (position primarily coordinates with colleagues working on the East Coast).
THIS JOB IS A GOOD FIT IF YOU:
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Have the curiosity and interests in how content goes from inception to consumers
- Employ positive thinking and can work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Manage metadata tickets (arriving via ticketing application and Slack notification) from a wide array of organization applications and users
- Acknowledge receipt of metadata requests (tickets) and conduct research/troubleshoot to complete the request and close out the ticket within existing service level timelines
- Document/log process and perform discovery and analysis in support of metadata tickets and overall customer requests
- Draft documentation including policies and procedures for metadata ticketing requests
- Coordinate within the greater Taxonomy / Metadata product governance organization to troubleshoot and resolve case by case inconsistencies and unstructured outliers
- Make recommendations and advocate for solutions and improvements to overall enterprise-level metadata usage and standards
- Participate in team efforts to support ongoing design, implementation and documentation of effective metadata governance, standards and overall best practice that supports corporate and business unit needs
- Support ad-hoc tasks to achieve business objective of the team
- MLIS required with an emphasis on Metadata and Digital Asset Management preferred
- At least 1-2 years of experience in metadata governance, taxonomy and research (preferably in the media industry)
- Experience with Digital Asset Management software and metadata standards is required
- Knowledge and/or experience with ticketing applications in a support environment is preferred.
- Excellent time-management and organization skills
- Remote work requires an effective self-motivator with a logical approach to problem solving and a technical aptitude who strives for excellence to meet all tasks, timelines, resolve issues and communicate effectively
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; capable of communicating complex taxonomy terms, concepts and solutions to all levels
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.