Metadata Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - BeltsvilleLAC Group seeks a Metadata Specialist to work on a full-time, on-going project for our client, a prestigious government agency located in Beltsville, MD. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual that has skills in metadata and working with web-based information to help a library that specializes in agriculture, biology, natural resources, and the environment. This position will be full-time, 40 hours per week, working onsite at the library in Beltsville. This is an excellent opportunity with a growing organization and we are looking for someone who can start immediately.
- Creation of metadata records, datasets specific records for a governmental proprietary website and enterprise data catalog
- Experience with researching Web-based information and knowledge of natural resources information sources
- The metadata enhancement required in this project requires an understanding of scientific methods to translate information for metadata descriptions and datasets, so a background in science is highly desired
- The candidate will be familiar with the issues and resources related to natural resources and the environment, including knowledge of life cycle assessment data (LCA). LCA is a science-based method to measure the environmental, social and economic impacts of a product or service over its life cycle. This does not refer to a biological, project or financial asset management life cycle
- MLS/MLIS degree or a Master of Science degree with training in the environmental, ecological, or agricultural sciences is required
- Must be familiar with library databases and technical language of the environmental, ecological and agricultural sciences
- Must have the ability to understand dataset documentation and have the skills to extract information from the document to complete and enhance metadata records
- Must be able to provide an additional description to satisfy emerging requirements for cataloging and datasets
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.