Metadata Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - BeltsvilleLAC Group is seeking an experienced Metadata Librarian to work for a major Federal library in Beltsville, MD. The selected individual will support the development and maintenance of metadata files. This is a full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract position.
- Support management and ingest of publisher supplied data as well as the creation of descriptive metadata for items when publisher supplied data is unavailable.
- Create or modify XSLT stylesheets for incoming publisher-supplied metadata. Ensure that publisher-supplied metadata meets standards for interoperability and end-user functionality.
- Develop new and revised workflows and procedures for describing and managing collections and products. Document workflows and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Information Architecture or Information Management; MLIS preferred
- Knowledge of XML editors such as Oxygen, JIRA, etc.
- Familiar with common metadata standards used in libraries such as MODS, PubMed, DublinCore, etc.
- Skill with query languages such as SQL, SPARQL, and Solr.
- Ability to identify errors in metadata
- Knowledge of library automation/cataloging platforms including OCLC, AGRICOLA, and Voyager.
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system and use of the command line.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.