Media Resources Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - NY - New YorkLAC Group seeks a Media Resources Assistant to support the news broadcast and digital media archive of a LAC Group client, a prestigious news and media company located in New York City (Manhattan) with 24/7 operations. This position requires a flexible schedule and may include rotating shifts for days, nights, weekends and holidays. This position will use various media software tools as well as a proprietary (DAM) digital asset management system, to enter data, and create new and updated existing asset records. This position will also be managing daily order processing and other tasks in the support of the daily ebb and flow of physical and digital assets into and out of the media production, broadcast and archive environments. Must be comfortable in a time-sensitive environment and have excellent customer / client services skills. The ideal candidate will have had 1—3 years of similar or related experience.
- Screen various video formats for content and to identify persons, places and other relevant information to the news archive
- Use various media archive software tools, as well as a proprietary (DAM) digital asset management system, to enter metadata
- Create new and update existing asset records in the system.
- Create and affix labels, process orders for footage and transcripts as well as physical media assets that may include videos, XDCAM and film.
- Fulfill as-needed search requests, including finding and sourcing footage and content, often of an urgent, time-sensitive nature.
- Organize tapes and boxes of assets coming from other locations, and generally assist producers and their assistants in locating library materials
- Process requests for assets to be pulled from storage locations on and off-site.
- Coordinate order processing tasks to assure that all materials are being trafficked as needed and within the time frames requested
- Must have a good knowledge of historical and current events
- Must be able to work autonomously
- Must be computer proficient and be willing and able to learn and use a proprietary digital asset management system quickly and efficiently
- Familiarity with digital media asset tools and technologies helpful as well as a working knowledge of non-linear editing applications
- Ability to learn and become quickly proficient in new software tools
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and the ability to quickly react to requests for information
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to follow instructions, maintain work and productivity schedules and benchmarks
- Must be punctual, reliable and committed to adhering to the work schedule provided
- Must be able to follow instructions and work within a team but also capable of working independently
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently and accurately
- Requires strong attention to detail
This is a full-time, staff position with LAC Group that includes benefits. The work will initially require on-site participation and may transition to a hybrid of both on-site and remote; provided there is high-speed internet access; at a later date.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.