Media Resources Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - NY - New YorkLAC Group seeks a Media Resources Assistant for a prestigious news and media company located in New York City (Manhattan). The Media Resources Assistant is responsible for media software tools as well as a proprietary (DAM) digital asset management system, to enter data, and create new and updated existing asset records. This is a full-time, benefited position with a rotating schedule that could include day, evening and weekend hours.
- Screen various video formats for content and to identify persons, places and other relevant information to the news archive
- Use various media archive software tools, as well as a proprietary (DAM) digital asset management system, to enter metadata
- Create new and update existing asset records in the system.
- Create and affix labels, process orders for footage and transcripts as well as physical media assets that may include videos, XDCAM and film.
- Fulfill as-needed search requests, including finding and sourcing footage and content, often of an urgent, time-sensitive nature.
- Organize tapes and boxes of assets coming from other locations, and generally assist producers and their assistants in locating library materials
- Process requests for assets to be pulled from storage locations on and off site.
- Coordinate order processing tasks to assure that all materials are being trafficked as needed and within the time frames requested
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university is preferred.
- 1-3 years of digital asset, media or similar experience is required.
- Must have a good knowledge of historical and current events
- Must be able to work autonomously
- Must be computer proficient and be willing and able to learn and use a proprietary digital asset management system quickly and efficiently
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.