Media Logger - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group seeks a Media Logger to support the 2024 campaign coverage for a LAC Group client, a prestigious news and media company located in New York City (Manhattan) with 24/7 operations. This position will support daily news coverage for the broadcaster's numerous programs and distribution platforms. This position requires knowledge and interest in current events, politics and the daily news cycle in general. Additionally, this position requires a flexible schedule, this role can include rotating shifts that can be days, nights, weekends and holidays depending on schedule and coverage needs.
This position will use various media software tools as well as a proprietary digital asset management system to log media and create new and updated asset records for daily video content coming into the media production and broadcast environment digitally and physically from the field. Excellent typing and listening skills required and comfort / experience with live logging of events. Overall, this position requires speed, accuracy, and consistency along with a depth of knowledge to complete the data record and assure that video footage is retrievable within the clients (DAM) digital asset management system. The ideal candidate will have had 1 -3 years of similar or related experience and be comfortable in a time-sensitive environment.
- Use vrious media archive software tools, as well as a proprietary (DAM) digital asset management system, to enter metadata
- Screen video content to identify events, persons, places and other relevant information for those assets in specific databases
- Create new and update existing asset records in the system.
- Perform consistent, accurate and complete data entry to time-sensitive video content.
- Research information in support of data entry tasks in order to expand on the richness of the data record (especially when original support data is lacking depth.
- Must have a good knowledge of political and current events
- Must be able to work autonomously as well as in a group and be able to adhere to procedures and standards as established
- Must be computer proficient and be willing and able to learn and use a proprietary digital asset management system quickly and efficiently
- Familiarity with digital media asset tools and technologies helpful
- Ability to learn and become quickly proficient in new software tools
- Excellent language and data entry skills along with an ability to quickly react to new priorities.
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to follow instructions, maintain work and productivity schedules and benchmarks
- Must be punctual, reliable and committed to adhering to the work schedule provided
- Must be able to follow instructions and work within a team but also capable of working independently
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently and accurately
- Requires strong attention to detail
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.