Media Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - NY - New YorkLAC Group seeks a Media Assistant for a LAC Group client, a prestigious news and media company located in New York City (Manhattan) with 24/7 operations. The Media Assistant position will support daily quality assurance needs within an intra-company video database. Specifically, this position will perform quality control of new assets, review and update metadata, troubleshoot content and technical issues with appropriate resources as needed and maintain a daily status log of progress, problems and exceptions.
Candidate will be an excellent communicator with good organization skills who is able to work autonomously as well as coordinate with LAC team members as well as client technical and content contacts for various troubleshooting as needed.
This is a full-time, staff position with LAC Group that includes benefits. This has a flexible but fixed daily schedule and work is presently remote provided there is high-speed internet access.
Ideal candidate will have had 1 -3 years of similar or related experience and be comfortable in a time-sensitive environment.
- Manage content on intra-company video databases(s)
- Perform daily quality control of new assets
- Act as liaison with broadcast engineering teams to report and remediate technical issues
- Perform metadata updates and video transcodes to conform to database standards
- Maintain automated video capture schedules
- Maintain and update shared daily progress / process tracking log
- 1-3 years of digital asset, media or similar experience ideal.
- Must be able to work autonomously and as well as in a group and be able to adhere to procedures and standards as established
- Must be computer proficient with knowledge of MS Office Suite, Google products, etc. and ability to learn and use proprietary digital asset and content management system(s)
- Knowledge of News and Entertainment content across all platforms preferred
- Requires strong attention to detail with excellent visual acuity and detailed oriented as it applies to visual and metadata quality control
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to follow instructions, maintain work and productivity schedules and benchmarks
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.