Market Intelligence Research Analyst - LAC Group
Location: Canada - New Brunswick - MonctonLAC Group is seeking an inquisitive and analytical Research Analyst to uncover and collect online information, analyze and curate findings, and produce various types of research reports to support our clients’ strategic needs. The role includes, but is not limited to, developing competitor and market profiles, business analysis and research (financial, strategic, competitive), synthesizing and contextualizing data, developing competitor and market profiles, collaboration and client relations. This is a full-time position that will be based in our office in Moncton, New Brunswick.
The Research Analyst position requires an individual who enjoys tracking down information online, can ask the right questions to determine which information is relevant to the client and their business needs, and can present the information in a concise, digestible format.
The successful candidate must be proficient in a variety of information products and tools. A strong interest in business strategy is essential. Experience and/or education in business, journalism, professional services, government (policy), or research is an asset. Candidates should have a sharp eye for detail; a good sense of relevance; and the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Post-Secondary degree in business, journalism, marketing or research
- Three to five years of demonstrable research experience
- Essential technology skills: Use of Internet, online tools, Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with sector-specific source/tools capabilities (e.g., Westlaw, Pitchbook, etc.)
- Possess a strong knowledge in aspects of web-based content
- Demonstrate strong reading, writing and editing skills
- Aptitude to translate information requests into research plans
- Ability to produce written reports, including ability to quickly summarize information and format reports for aesthetic purposes
- Attention to detail
- Very strong organizational skills
- Comfort level with a deadline driven environment (efficiency, prioritizing requests, etc.)
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong initiative, innovative and creative skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer-service skills
- Sector-specific source/tools capabilities (e.g., Westlaw, Pitchbook, etc.)
- Basic collaboration and delegation
- Basic business analysis – financial, strategic, competitive etc.
- Extraction of key findings from synthesized, data synthesis
- Ability to create a presentation
- Basic client communication skills
- Basic presentation skills
- Language requirements: High level of proficiency in English (written and spoken) is essential.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.