Library Technician (Part-Time) - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Group is seeking a part-time Library Technician to support a project processing East Asian language materials for a major Federal library in the Washington, DC area. This is a long term part time (20 hours a week) no benefits contract position. Must be available to start by September 10.
- Use an Integrated Library System (ILS) to prepare serials and other multipart publications for binding.
- In addition to binding preparations, staff will update library holdings, shift collections to accommodate growth, pin and link serial volumes to manage inventory and re-shelve material.
- Experience working with an Integrated Library System (Voyager preferred) to manage serials in Asian languages
- Experience working in binding preparation
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and follow complex directions
- Knowledge of either Japanese or Korean is preferred, but not required
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule
- Available to start by September 10
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.