Library Technician - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking a Library Technician to work at an information center in the Washington, DC area. The Technician will be responsible for circulation control, serial check and control function, interlibrary loan (ILL), and basic reference and research support. This is a full-time contract (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefitted position that will continue for 6 months.
- Circulation control, serial check, and control function, interlibrary loan (ILL), routing of mail and document delivery throughout the organization, loose-leaf filing and reference and research support.
- Support information center staff in special projects and collection maintenance as needed.
- Assist in providing instruction on the use of information center resources and in web content development for the website.
- A college degree from an accredited 4-year institution or an Associate degree with a minimum of three (3) years of recent library technician experience including ILL, serials control, circulation, and basic reference support.
- MLS preferred
- Experience searching databases or working with business/international information preferred
- Experience performing simple reference and research
- Working knowledge of integrated library systems (ILS)
- Requires working knowledge/recent experience of basic library procedures related to circulation, serials control, interlibrary loan and disposal of library materials
- Proficiency and practical experience in the use of PCs, Windows Office Suite, and Microsoft Outlook. Computer skills, including the ability to create/ update information on word processing systems and the ability to navigate content on Internet databases and business/research sites.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities while effectively prioritizing and balancing a heavy workload of diverse activities and maintaining the accuracy of work performed
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced and highly automated environment
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to work within a framework of established policies and procedures
- Following through on all assignments, projects, and duties
- Ability to ask questions to clarify expectations
- Demonstrated knowledge of classification and filing systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.