Library Technician - LAC Group
Location: USA - NC - Research Triangle ParkLAC Group is seeking a Library Technician to work for a prestigious federal library in the Research Triangle Park, North Carolina area. The technician will be responsible for performing basic technical duties to support the library including processing of new acquisition receipts, catalog record maintenance, basic ready reference, bibliographic searching, and physical collection maintenance. This position is fully benefited, and 40 hours per week.
- Performs basic technical support duties that include: materials acquisition, receipt processing, materials preparation, and records maintenance.
- Manages records in an integrated library system applicable module.
- Performs copy cataloging and some original cataloging.
- Processes book and supply orders.
- Performs basic bibliographic searching (from citations or received items).
- Matches received or in-process material to the appropriate record in the automated file, records receipt or other processing action, and dispatches the item to the next processing stage.
- Performs physical processing of materials such as typing and affixing spine labels, affixing security devices, re-boxing non-print materials, etc.
- Performs routine clerical duties.
- Completes site checklist for opening and closing, stocks library service points with necessary resources, keeping the work area neat and organized.
- Assists library staff members with projects and manages equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent advanced degree preferred, or equivalent education or work experience required
- At least two years of work experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software.
- Experience using circulation or library software, a plus.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.