Library Technical Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - SC - GreenvilleLAC Group is seeking a full-time, temporary Library Technical Specialist to work on-site at our client, a well-known law firm’s, Greenville, SC office. This position is focused on providing administrative support to the technical services department at the firm. The role will consist of primarily preparing multi-office cost splits of complex invoices and for creating and modifying custom alerts. This is a full-time, benefitted position lasting through at least the end of the year, with the possibility of extending longer.
- Create and modify custom alerts using the Courthouse News Service website;
- Prepare multi-office cost splits of complex invoices with minimal supervision (Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg, etc.);
- Search for and retrieve complaints filed in various state and federal courts;
- Provide online cost backup for Westlaw and Lexis to end users and office administrators using SmartRecharge;
- Assist with configuration and data cleanup of GeniePlus
- Participate in basic legal research including corporate filings and public record searches;
- Assist the technical services department with special projects or needs;
- Other duties as the arise according to client requests
- 1-3 years previous experience is desired;
- Previous experience working in a law firm is preferred;
- Previous experience working with GeniePlus is preferred;
- Previous experience working in technical services;
- Previous administrative experience, particularly the ability to handle multiple, in-depth invoices;
- MLS/MLIS/JD preferred, though work experience or a similar or related degree may take the place of MLS/MLIS;
- Legal research skills including but not limited to docket and case law research (both state and federal), secondary sources, and practice guidance
- Exceptional client service skills, particularly via written communication
- Superior organizational skills, particularly with delivering concisely formatted and organized deliverables
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.