Library Services Manager - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group seeks candidates for a Library Services Manager position within our organization. The focus of the position will be to oversee and assist with the coordination of law firm library accounts, and to help assigned firms move forward with innovative and effective best practices in library workflow support, eResource management, database training, and general library administrative functions. The manager of library services will be directly client facing and will work across departments internally. We are seeking a well-rounded, customer service-oriented, information professional with direct law firm library and information services experience. This position is 100% remote, and it can be performed from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada, though West Coast hours are preferred.
- Contribute to the success and management of client relationships and serve as the point of contact for new and existing client firm initiatives and projects.
- Collaborate with other firm managers and administrators on special projects.
- Ensure client metrics are being captured, reported, and delivered according to specifications.
- Offer ideas and insight into best practices in collection management, invoice processing, and training support.
- Work with firm stakeholders to maximize cost recovery efforts.
- Assist with management of contracts and relationships with online research vendors, print content, print management, and library administration.
- Develop standards for collection development and cost recoveries, with a focus on print-to-digital transformation.
- Oversee enhancement of the client firms’ use of technologies to promote and disseminate information for legal, business research, and marketing purposes.
- Work with, promote, and progress Library Services functions within the organization, collaborating with fellow legal information professionals serving in various capacities.
- Conduct library orientations for new attorneys and professional staff.
- Conducts and coordinates legal resource trainings, drafting training materials and invitations, scheduling, tracking attendance, coordinating with client firms, and organizing training materials.
- Research developments in legal research, training practices and supports additional legal training initiatives and programming.
- Advanced degree (JD, MBA, MLIS).
- At least 5 years of experience with law library administration, vendor management, database and web technology within a law or business library and preferably at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledgeable in integrated library management systems with proficiency in online research, legal databases, and collaboration platforms, such as Microsoft SharePoint.
- Expert knowledge of law library administration and information management with demonstrated knowledge of best practices and current trends and issues applying information technology to libraries and law practice.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.