Library Fellow - LAC Group
Location: USA - NC - Research Triangle ParkLAC Group is seeking a Library Fellow with a strong interest in biomedical and scientific libraries. The Fellow will gain valuable experience assisting professional scientific librarians in performing research, managing curated alerts, conducting literature searchings and providing instruction on use of library resources for a federal institution in the Research Triangle Park, NC area. This position also assists with general library technical services duties as needed including collection maintenance, interlibrary loan, and cataloging. This position is benefited, full-time 40 hours per week.
- Assist with reference including research alerts, literature searches, and instruction.
- Assist with library projects associated with branch and laboratory reviews
- Assist with access services, including cataloging and interlibrary loans.
- Active awareness of current librarianship trends
- Attends off site training on medical library topics, and designs relevant classes as needed.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent advanced degree; or equivalent education or work experience required. Some interest in science or medicine, or experience in a medical or scientific setting is preferred.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.