Library Cataloger (Temporary) - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Los AngelesLAC Group is seeking a temporary Library Cataloger to work on-site in West Los Angeles, California. This is a temporary cataloging position lasting approximately 6 months and will be responsible for providing cataloging support for an abstracting and indexing database focused on the conservation and preservation of material culture. Types of publications cataloged include journal articles, conference proceedings, monographs, journal titles, theses, technical reports, and audiovisual files.
- Original cataloging of journal articles in Ex Libris's Alma platform;
- Copy and original cataloging of select books and serial titles;
- Prepares name authority metadata using local authority file as well as VIAF and LCSH;
- Applies knowledge of MARC, AACR2, and local policies and procedures;
- Uses Adobe Acrobat to convert text to Word format for Alma ingest;
- May scan print materials using BookEye.
- Bachelor’s degree in art history, archaeology, or related discipline;
- 3-4 years experience in a library setting;
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with library database software and Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to follow through and complete assigned tasks;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.