Library Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group seeks a bright and dynamic Library Assistant for a full-time position located in Washington, D.C. The Library Assistant is responsible for performing various duties in support of the research and library services function for our client, a top consulting firm. This is an excellent position for a new graduate or someone looking to build upon and grow skills in the areas of research and library services. This is a full-time, benefitted position with the possibility to eventually work directly for the client. Due to COVID-19 concerns, this position is currently a remote role, but will return to work from the office once it has been decided it is safe to return.
- Promptly responds to routine research requests, including requests for academic articles, legal cases and dockets, analyst reports, and company financials, using Bloomberg, Capital IQ, S&P Global Market Intelligence, LexisNexis, Westlaw, and other databases. Under supervision of Sr. Manager, orders books and articles as needed;
- Works with research teammates and/or client services staff to complete research assignments to support requests that range from brief to extensive;
- Helps organize library materials. Catalogs books using Library of Congress cataloging. Keeps bookshelves organized and maintains book check out and return system. Locates missing books;
- Indexes articles and book chapters using SharePoint database (eLibrary);
- Manages passwords. Maintains spreadsheet of users and passwords. Contacts database vendors to add and deletes users;
- Tracks usage. Collects and organizes information on questions asked (FreshService) and databases used. Supports Sr. Manager in creation of an annual report;
- Assists with budget preparation and cost tracking;
- Supports Sr. Manager of Library Services in meetings and trainings; takes and organizes notes. Tracks follow-up;
- Prepares and organizes clear, concise, and logically written emails and memos in response to requests;
- Conducts copyright review using the Copyright Clearance Center resource;
- Supports citation management: puts resources in correct citations formats;
- Under Sr. Manager’s supervision, assists Client Services as needed to review documents. Extracts and synthesizes information from documents;
- Reports to work on a regular basis and is available for occasional after-hours emergency calls and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Understanding of Library of Congress call number system;
- Experience working in a library, professional services firm, or a law firm is a plus;
- Prior experience performing research using tools such as Bloomberg, Capital IQ, LexisNexis, Global Market Intelligence, Westlaw and other relative databases;
- Ability to follow directions and ask appropriate questions for clarification;
- Ability to handle short deadlines, work well under pressure, and prioritize multiple tasks;
- Interest in developing research skills;
- Must be thorough and detail-oriented;
- Strong analytical and communication skills, including writing skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to function well in a dynamic client services environment;
- Ability to comprehend complex assignments with guidance;
- Ability to be resourceful and creative in approaching work-related challenges;
- Must be able to work well independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.