Library Assistant II - Getty Library Annex
Location: USA - CA - Los Angeles
The Getty Library seeks a full-time Library Assistant II to join the Circulation team at the Library Annex. This job is located in Valencia, California 30 miles north of the Getty Center. Reporting to the Library Annex Supervisor, the Library Assistant II provides services to library users at other locations by retrieving, sorting, shelving, charging and discharging books using the Alma library system. The Library Assistant II may also provide scanning assistance for Reference staff and Interlibrary loan.
- The Library Assistant will work both alone and within a team environment, focusing on the ongoing tasks associated with the circulation of materials in the Getty Library Annex.
- May perform physical processing of material such as marking, housing, repair, and evaluate the condition of materials.
- Additional tasks may include scanning for Interlibrary Loan or preparing materials for digitization.
- May work on occasion at the Getty Center.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Assists and resolves moderately complex problems for staff and library users
- Assists in processing, caring for, and reformatting collections
- Uses various library software applications to execute moderately complex transactions
- Participates in special projects as assigned
- Maintains the Library Annex general collections stacks
- Assists with the ongoing tasks associated with the circulation of materials including pulling, sorting, and shelving books and serials
- Checks materials in and out using the Alma library system
- Bachelor’s degree in art history or related discipline
- 2-3 years experience in library setting
- Familiarity in at least one foreign language preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with industry-standard software suites as appropriate to assigned duties
- Experience with library circulation systems, bibliographic databases, and library-specific software applications preferred
- Ability to handle rare and unique materials with care
- Experience handling fragile or brittle materials preferred
- Physical activity for extended periods at various times throughout the day including lifting library materials weighing up to 40 pounds and pushing heavy book carts
- Ability to climb industrial ladders required in order to page and shelve from the collections stored on 12-foot high bookshelves
- Good manual dexterity required
To apply, please visit https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/3748/library-assistant-ii/job.